Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 1: Beginning

November is the blog a day writing project called NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month).  I have in fact done this challenge before in 2009.  I chose to write everyday about something I was thankful for.  The project wasn't easy I had so many things in my life than which were making me sad.  In the end the daily exercise of finding those daily gratitudes helped me to focus on all the gifts in my life.  Noble and fulfilling posting, but in the been there done that category for me.


I have not picked up that challenge again until this year.  This year I made a new year's resolution to write more. Though I have been blogging regularly, I still have not been working towards actually working on writing outside of my blog.  Writing on my blog is not the same as actually working on writing my stories, but it is good practice.

One of the things I want to write about is the beginning of my relationship with my wife, Natalie.  Like so many of our personal histories, it might not be interesting to anyone, but us.  However, the story of how two young lesbians found each other in the homophobic times of the early 1980s is your interest please read along.  If not, you may want to avoid my blog posts for the next month.  I will also say my wife is a little skeptical of me telling our story on my blog.  It will be interesting to see her reaction to the things I write, hopefully divorce will not be one of those reactions.

I have three goals for this project:
1. Be honest.
2. Though it might not take all of November to do, tell our story.
3. Improve my writing.

My friends your encouragement, suggestions, and support will be much appreciated. 

No comments: