Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day Fifteen: Gratitude

I am at the half way mark for my month long gratitude project. I am astounded to be this far along and maintaining the project. I could cheat today and be grateful that I am on day fifteen, but that isn't really with the spirit of my goal. I have spent all day hanging out on my futon contemplating what to be grateful for. I contemplated it so much that I took a nice long nap cuddled under a blanket. After of a dinner of microwaved leftovers and discussion with Natalie I came up with my daily gratitude. I am grateful for idleness.



Idleness is such a luxury in my life. I am constantly on the move rushing to work, social activities, errands, and chores. I sometimes get so caught up in my daily crush of obligations (self imposed or not) that I get exhausted from my life and myself. Today, I went nowhere, but to my futon. I made no plans to see friends, go shopping, and I did not have to work.


I lounged on my futon, worked on reading a book, knitted a little, and I napped. I should have maybe been a little more productive (hey, I did a load of laundry too). Sometimes, it is nice just to let yourself relax and enjoy doing nothing. Tomorrow morning I will be back on someone Else's schedule, but for now I am grateful for being idle just a little while longer.

No comments: