Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day Three:Gratitude

Day Three: Gratitude

Day one and two, were those big emotional kind of things I am thankful for. Today is the simple kind of grateful. I am happy about a cup of really good hot tea on a cool morning. I am partial to a green tea chai or an earl gray to delight my tastebuds with two spoonfuls of honey and a just splash of milk.

And if I can put all of this yummy goodness in my favorite pink Cheshire Cat oversize mug, somehow things don't feel so frenetic and oppressive. I might be able to make it through the rest of the day. I don't know what it is about that expansive grin on the ceramic characters face, but in many ways it assures me, that yes we are all mad here and it is fact OK. Today I sat in a chair and took the extra five minutes to savory the silence and the peace. Once the cup was emptied, rinsed, and put in the dishwasher, I breathed deep and braced myself for the rest of the day. (Note to self do this more often).

No comments: