Friday, November 27, 2009

Day Twenty-Seven: Gratitude

There are so many things I could be grateful for today. A day off, spending a time with friends, cooking an awesome meal, and having an all around satisfying day. I can't even begin to tell you how happy my day has made me. It was such a good day. I am also overwhelmed by the new quilt my mom pieced together for me. So let me just say that I am grateful for my good day and the new quilt.

The quilt has history and not all of it pretty, but you know what, I am just so pleased to have it done. I did all the embroidery work, and I bought most of the fabric. I had even started to piece the thing together, but that did not work out so well. I made so many mistakes my mom had to pull the whole thing apart. It broke my heart and I put the pieces away giving up on it for several years.
A couple of years ago I boxed up the whole thing and gave it to my mom to complete. Yesterday on top of all the family love, I got a very beautiful quilt. I have unfolded it and looked at the quilt half a dozen times. I am humbled by the how perfectly it was pieced and quilted. The combination of our work makes me giddy with love. I am so lucky to have such a talented mother.
In addition to the quilt to have such a beautiful day with so many good things in it, I am grateful. Good days like today help me make it through to be grateful for another day.

No comments: