Monday, November 30, 2009

Day Thirty: Gratitude

I have come to the end of my project. I committed myself to not fill the days on my blog with things like, I am grateful for electricity, running water, not getting a speeding ticket on my way to work today, that kind of thing. I wanted to be grateful for things that mattered to me. Things tangible and intangible which I I sometimes forget to put in the plus column of my life. I hope I was genuine in my daily gratitudes and to be fair I did find many things and people that I need to appreciate.

I can't thank everyone enough for all the comments here, on facebook, and in person. Your support meant so much to me and it helped me to stay true to my intention. Even though I am at the end of my project, I will be working everyday to find the big and little gratitudes that make my life worth continuing.

Today on day thirty, I am grateful for you. All of you who enrich my life and help me to make it through another day of my frenetic life. Those of you who have no choice to love me because you are related to me. All of you who have held my hand and listened to me cry. Anyone who has rolled their eyes at the end of one of my corny jokes. All the people I love and like and want to get to know better. Anyone who has helped me learned to knit or that I taught to knit. Those who make me smile and certainly anyone who has ever fed me. If you have commented on my blog, friended me on facebook, favorited one of my knitting projects, or follow me on twitter.

I would be so lost without you all. You make so much of the other stuff in my life bearable and give meaning to why I get up everyday and do it all over again. You make me try harder to be the person you think I am. To be the friend, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, girlfriend who brings a smile to your face when I walk through the door and a last moment hug on my way out.

You are of my tribe and I will always be grateful that you are in my life. Thank you for allowing me in and thank you for keeping me there. For you I will always be grateful. Much Love!












No comments: