Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day Twenty-Five:Gratitude

Today I am grateful for the feeling of anticipation. I know that is an abstract thing to be my daily gratitude, and I have no idea how to capture this feeling on film. I have had this excited gnawing feeling in my stomach, like at any moment everything in my life will be transformed into something wondrous. I say bring on the wondrousness!



I looked the word Anticipation up in Merriam-Webster online and the definition reads: The act of looking forward; especially: pleasurable expectation. Yes, that describes how I feel. I am looking forward to four days away from the customers at the library. I am expecting to enjoy spending time with my family this year. Especially since my dad will be numbered among those sitting at the table. I am bursting with energy of all the possibilities of things I will do this holiday weekend. Everything feels so hopeful right now and for that I am grateful.


I have a busy night I need to go home and make sweet potato casserole. This casserole is a favorite in my family and if I don't show up with it, I am likely to be ejected from Thanksgiving. So to be a good sport here is my recipe, enjoy.

A sweet potato casserole recipe, made with mashed sweet potatoes and a crunchy pecan topping. Scroll down to see more sweet potato recipes.
Ingredients:
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
.
Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup chopped pecans
Preparation:
Combine first 6 ingredients. Pour into a buttered 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole dish. Mix remaining ingredients together and sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes, until hot and browned.

No comments: